To LOVE

Saturday, February 14, 2015

3-7 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
8-10 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incomplete will be canceled.
 1 Corinthians 13:3-10 MSG

I LOVE to stop time with my camera. Sometimes I will ask my clients to "pose" a certain way then they look at each other and laugh. It's unnatural, weird, who  stands like this? Then, there it is... the laughter that includes all the inside jokes, the stories that have taken years to write themselves. The stories that are not over. Their story is abundantly filled with the everyday mundane chores, sick children, stress at work, busy schedules of the kids sports, running their own businesses, and at the end of that list is the foundation of it all. LOVE. Or just maybe it's the very beginning and it's grown just like the giant roots of an oak tree. The kind of roots that run deep. Love that knows the depth and length at which great struggle proves that it is all worth it. To love sacrificially, the way Paul tells to, is a challenge to say the least. However, in my on life and through my clients stories I'm convinced more now than ever that it is the only way to love. All other ways will run out, give up, or be empty. In honor of St Valentine who proclaimed the Gospel... Happy love day beauties!










COMMENTS: »

Leave a Reply